Jun 25, 2008

traveling with my ring

do you leave your engagement ring at home when traveling afar? in a few months i am headed to grad school (!!!) and head on a week-long service trip with some of my new classmates. the destination of my trip is a mystery, we don't find out where we go until we get to the airport. should be an amazing experience.

last night we were talking and j.p. recommended that i not wear my engagement ring during the trip, especially because we don't know the destination.

i still want to wear a ring, but maybe something simple and not too expensive. i found this twist ring on the tiffany's website. only $250 in sterling silver.

inspiration from tiffany & co

6 comments:

yaiAnn said...

I definitely wouldn't travel with it. Getting a substitute ring is a great idea. We were looking for one for me to wear in Brazil but nothing jumped out at us.

Always Organizing said...

Going to post more on google analytics because I thought it was easier to get into. My fiance set it up and I didn't realize that it was a little more involved than what I posted earlier. Sorry!

Tara Vorhes said...

I was nervous about my ring in Hawaii {where FI proposed} bc I didn't want to wear it snorkeling and such so was nervous I would forget to lock it in the safe.

I definitely plan to leave the e-ring when we go to Costa Rica. I will probably just have a simple band that I will use for traveling.

Tiffany said...

I travel everywhere with it. All over Europe, Australia, Singapore, I guess I just haven't worried about it.

Why do you worry about traveling with it as opposed to everyday wear? Is it just because you will be more active when you travel?

janet - roses or ranunculus said...

style-ish, i am a little concerned for my grad school trip because my gut says we are going to a less-traveled country. last year they went to tunisia. i have heard stories about pickpocketers, but not sure about jewelry. just want to be on the safe side.

Tiffany said...

aah I see. that makes sense! I've never had a problem but I usually stay in major cities. The only time I was freaked out was when I was in Barcelona and I was carrying a clutch and right in front of me this guy mugged this lady and took her bag and ran! After that, I held that clutch so close to my body!