Aug 23, 2008

my new ride

before the move from san francisco, i sold my cute little red toyota prius (sad!). good news is that because of fuel prices and the economy AND my california HOV sticker (allows solo drivers to drive in the carpool lane during commute hours), my car sold at a premium. i sold it for the same price that i bought it for in 2006. very cool and nice on the pocketbook, especially because i'm now a grad student.

it's been weird not having a car around, but so far so good. today we went to a local bike shop and found this cute little town cruiser so i can get to school a little quicker and to run errands. see how cute it is!! and the shop was having their end of the season sale, so i got 25% off. i love a good deal.

i learned a few fun facts about bike riding in the chicago area - helmets are not required (but I will always wear one!) and riding on the sideway is not allowed. strange but i guess they don't want bikers running into pedestrians. makes total sense.

anyways, here she is! what should I name her? (is it weird to name a bicycle?)




inspiration from bianchi

3 comments:

Dubbs said...

is she the same color as pictured? she looks like a bianca to me.

Bad Kid Productions said...

I was going to say Bianca as well! Enjoy your rides along the lakefront, I miss chicago sooooooo much!

the un-bride said...

for whatever reason, "Janelle" came to mind. probably too close to your name, but there you are ...