Jul 23, 2008

winter wedding thoughts

inspiration from the knot

so we are thinking december 2009 and want a cozy rustic wedding. after seeing a lot of places this past weekend, i realize that winter weddings get tricky since everything must be planned indoors and not a lot of venues have two indoor spaces.

i don't think we want to use one space for both the ceremony and reception because it's nice to have it separate and offer the guest to flow around to different places. but we not sure if we want our guest to have to drive and park twice, especially cause SF has terrible (very!!) parking. plus that also means two venue fees! (these weddings really do add up)

but we still love the idea of winter... maybe serve hot apple cider during cocktails. we also want a place that has a (or multiple) fireplaces so people can stay toasty. maybe a mistletoe in the entrance. or hang the guest table assignments on a xmas tree.

4 comments:

Veronica said...

I love winter weddings! There are so elegant and romantic!

Jana said...

I love your blog and love this picture!! My wedding is in July but I want this same sort of Rustic look. when is your wedding? If its this Dec I would love to see your pics after reading about so many ideas... and its defiantly helped me with my ideas!

janet - roses or ranunculus said...

paper plains, thanks for your sweet words! we have actually switched our wedding to august, so no longer winter but are definitely still going for a rustic outdoorsy feel. i'll try to be good about posting more of my thoughts... have you picked your venue yet?

Unknown said...

loved your ideas for the rustic wedding. I'm planning a wedding for early December and right now am sort of at a loss. You have definitely inspired me!